Volunteer Recruitment AssistanceAs a rural state, volunteers are esential to maintaining the safety of our communties. Our goal is to make volunteer recruitment easier and less expensive for our member fire departments.
The Nevada Fire Chiefs Association provides multiple volunteer recruitment programs:
- NFCA created a state-wide online volunteer firefighter recruitment program for all fire departments in Nevada. This program includes an online application hosted on the NFCA website and availiable to any Nevada fire department to use from their website. All volunteer applications are reviewed by the NFCA and sent to the fire department nearest the applicant's address.
- NFCA sponsors all Nevada fire department's use of FireDepartment.net, where fire departments can easily get their fire department online at no cost and it provides an entirely different audience of community members the opportunity to apply to become volunteer firefighters.
- NFCA supports VolunteerFirefighter.info, who helped create a Nevada Volunteer Recruitment program.
- NFCA funds VolunteerFirefighter.org, who created a television ad and offline materials for potential volunteers.
- NFCA funds multiple online advertising campaigns to encorage community members to become a volunteer firefighter.